Dr Yvonne Blokland
Behaviourial Lab Manager and Post-Doctoral Assistant
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: +44 (0) 207 882 6050Room Number: Bancroft Building 4.26
Yvonne is the manager of the School's Behavioural Lab, and a Post-Doctoral Research Assistant. She has a background in Cognitive Science and Neuroscience and a broad interest in cognition, behaviour, technology and sustainability. Her research at SBM focusses on pro-environmental behaviour in the workplace.
Her responsibilities as Behavioural Lab Manager include:
- Overseeing the day to day set-up, maintenance and smooth running of the Behavioural Laboratory
- Giving support and technical advice to staff and students regarding the use of equipment and software, research design, analysis and interpretation of results
- Liaising with participants
- Ensuring all research in the laboratory complies with regulations regarding health and safety, ethics and data protection
- Y. Blokland, J. Farquhar, J. Lerou, J. Mourisse, G.J. Scheffer, G. van Geffen, L. Spyrou & J. Bruhn. (2016). Decoding motor responses from the EEG during altered states of consciousness induced by propofol. Journal of Neural Engineering, 13, article number: 026014.
- L. Spyrou, Y. Blokland, J. Bruhn & J. Farquhar. (2016). Optimal Multitrial Prediction Combination and Subject-Specific Adaptation for Minimal Training Brain Switch Designs. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, 24, 700-709.
- Y. Blokland, L. Spyrou, J. Lerou, J. Mourisse, G.J. Scheffer, G. van Geffen, J. Farquhar & J. Bruhn. (2015). Detection of attempted movement from the EEG during neuromuscular block: proof of principle study in awake volunteers. Scientific Reports, 5, article number: 12815.
- F. Nijboer, D. Plass-Oude Bos, Y. Blokland, R. van Wijk & J. Farquhar (2014). Design requirements and potential target users for brain-computer interfaces – recommendations from rehabilitation professionals. Brain-Computer Interfaces, 1, 50-61.
- Y. Blokland, L. Spyrou, D. Thijssen, T. Eijsvogels, W. Colier, M. Floor-Westerdijk, R. Vlek, J. Bruhn & J. Farquhar (2014). Combined EEG-fNIRS decoding of motor attempt and imagery for brain switch control: An offline study in patients with tetraplegia. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, 22, 1–8.
- Y. Blokland, J. Farquhar, J. Mourisse, G.J. Scheffer, J. Lerou & J. Bruhn (2012). Towards a novel monitor of intraoperative awareness: Selecting paradigm settings for a movement-based brain-computer interface. PLoS ONE, 7:e44336.
- R.S. Schaefer, J. Farquhar, Y. Blokland, M. Sadakata & P. Desain (2011). Name that tune: Decoding music from the listening brain. NeuroImage, 56, 843-849.
- Y. Blokland, L. Spyrou, J. Bruhn & J. Farquhar. (2016). Why BCI researchers should focus on attempted, not imagined movement. International Brain-Computer Interface Meeting, Asilomar, California USA.
- Y. Blokland, L. Spyrou, J. Farquhar and J. Bruhn. (2014). Influence of anesthetics on movement detection from the EEG. 6th International Brain-Computer Interface Conference 2014, Graz, Austria.
- L. Spyrou, Y. Blokland, J. Farquhar and J. Bruhn. (2014). Singular Spectrum Analysis as a Preprocessing Filtering Step for fNIRS Brain Computer Interfaces. 22nd European Signal Processing Conference, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Y. Blokland, L. Spyrou, J. Bruhn & J. Farquhar. (2013). Combined EEG-fNIRS decoding of movement in patients with tetraplegia. EPFL Life Science Symposium 2013, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Y. Blokland, R. Vlek, B. Karaman, F. Özin, D. Thijssen, T. Eijsvogels, W. Colier, M. Floor-Westerdijk, J. Bruhn & J. Farquhar. (2012). Detection of Event-related Desynchronization during Attempted and Imagined Movements in Tetraplegics for Brain Switch Control. 34th Annual International Conference of the IEEE EMBS San Diego, California USA.
- Y. Blokland, J. Farquhar & J. Bruhn (2011). Detection of attempted movement during anesthesia as a monitor of intraoperative awareness: paradigm development. 5th International Brain-Computer Interface Conference 2011, Graz, Austria.
- R.S. Schaefer, Y. Blokland, J. Farquhar & P. Desain (2009). Single trial classification of perceived and imagined music from EEG. BBCI Workshop 2009, Berlin, Germany.
- D. de Goede, P. Van Alphen, E. Mulder, Y. Blokland, J. Kerstholt & J. Van Berkum (2009). The effect of mood on anticipation in language comprehension: An ERP study. 22nd Annual meeting of the CUNY Conference on Human Sentence Processing, Davis, California USA.