Dr Stella Ladi
Senior Lecturer in Public Management
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +44 (0)20 7882 6987Room Number: Room 3.44g, Bancroft Building, Mile End Campus
Student drop-in and feedback hours:
Wednesday 10:00 am - 12:00 noon or Please email to request an appointment.
Programme Director Masters in Public Administration (MPA)
- Global Governance & International Organisations (BUSM068)
- Public Administration Dissertation (BUSM083)
- MPA - Continuing Professional Development
- Public policy and public administration reforms
- Europeanization, globalization, transnational administration and global public policy, the Eurozone crisis
- The role of experts in public policy.
Books and Special Journal Editions:
- Stone, D. and Ladi, S. (eds.), (2015), Global Policy and Transnational Administration, Special issue in Public Administration (forthcoming)
- Ladi, S. and Tsarouhas, D. (eds.), (2014), Symposium on Austerity Politics in the EU, Political Studies Review, 12.2.
- Ladi, S. and Dalakou V. (2010), Public Policy Analysis, Athens: Papazisis (in Greek).
- Ladi, S. (2005), Globalization, Policy Transfer and Policy Research Institutes, Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- Ladi, S. (editor), (2005), Europeanization and Environmental Policy, Policy and Society, 24.2.
- Percy-Smith, J. with Burden, T., Darlow, A., Dowson, L., Hawtin, M. and Ladi, S. (2002), Promoting Change through Research, York: Joseph Rowntree Foundation.
- Stone, D. and Ladi, S. (2015), “Global Public Policy and Transnational Administration”, Public Administration, available online - http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/padm.12207/abstract
Articles in Peer Reviewed Journals:
- Ladi, S., Lazarou, E. and Hauck, J. (2017). Brazilian think tanks and the rise of austerity discourse. Policy and Society, pp.1-21.
- Ladi, S., and Tsarouhas, D. (2014) “The Politics of Austerity and Public Policy Reform in the EU”, Political Studies Review, 12. 2: 171-80. (available at: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1478-9302.12048/full)
- Ladi S. (2014), “Austerity Politics and Administrative Reform: The Eurozone Crisis and its Impact upon Greek Public Administration” Comparative European Politics, 12.2: 184-208. (available at http://www.palgrave-journals.com/cep/journal/vaop/ncurrent/abs/cep201246a.html)
- Tsarouhas, D. and Ladi, S. (2013), “Globalization and/or Europeanization? The Case of Flexicurity”, New Political Economy, 18. 4: 480-502 (available at http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13563467.2012.717612).
- Ladi, S. (2011), “Policy Change and Soft Europeanization: The Transfer of the Ombudsman Institution to Greece, Cyprus and Malta”, Public Administration , 89. 4: 1643-1663.
- Ladi, S. (2010), “Citizen’s Participation in Public Policy: From Theory to Practice”, Science and Society, 24: 79-98 (in Greek).
- Ladi, S. (2009), “Good Governance and Administrative Reform in Black Sea Countries”, International and European Politics, 13-14: 270-278 (in Greek).
- Ladi, S. (2007), “The Role of Experts in Greek Foreign Policy” Hellenic Studies/ Etudes Helleniques, 15. 1: 67-84.
- Ladi, S. (2007), “Europeanization and Reforms of Environmental Policy in Greece”, Greek Political Science Review, 29: 40-60 (in Greek).
- Ladi, S. (2005), “Europeanization and Environmental Policy Change”, Policy and Society, 24. 2: 1-15.
- Ladi, S. (2005), “Policy Learning and the Role of Expertise in the Reform Process in Greece”, West European Politics, 28. 2: 279-296.
- Ladi, S. (2004), “Globalization, Europeanization and Policy Transfer: A Dialectical Approach”, Review of Public Administration, 10: 447-467 (in Greek).
Chapters in Edited Books:
- Ladi, S. and Graziano, P. (2014), “‘Fast-Forward’ Europeanization: Welfare State Reform in Light of the Eurozone Crisis”, in Coman, R., Kostera, Th. and Tomini, L. (eds.), Europeanization and EU Integration: From Incremental to Structural Change?, Basingstoke: Palgrave: 108-126.
- Ladi, S. (2013), “Evidence-Based Policy Making in Greece” in P. Sklias and N. Tzifakis (eds.), Greece’s Horizons: Reflecting on the country’s assets and capabilities, Heidelberg: Springer: 71-78.
- Ladi, S. (2012) “Rival Hypotheses of Europeanization: Comparing the Roles of the EU and BSEC in Good Governance Reforms” in Th. Exadaktylos και C. Radaelli (eds), Research Design in European Studies, Basingstoke: Palgrave: 221-36.
- Ladi, S. (2012), “The Greek Economic Crisis: A Trigger for Public Administration Reforms?” in P. Liargovas (ed.), (2011), Greece: Economics, Political and Social Issues, NY: Nova Science Publishers, Inc (forthcoming).
- Ladi, S. (2011), “Think-Tanks, Discursive Institutionalism and Policy Change”, in G. Papanagnou (ed), Social Science and Policy Challenges, Paris: UNESCO: 205-220.
- Ladi, S. (2009), “Public Consultation, Participation and Administrative Reform” in D. Xenakis (ed.), Political Changes for Tomorrow’s Greece. Athens: Papazisis: 293-306 (in Greek).
- Ladi, S. (2006), “Globalization, European Identity and Mass Media: The Cases of Greece and Spain” in M. Kondochristou (ed.), Media and Identity in Greece, Athens: Papazisis: 285-315 (in Greek).
- Ladi, S. (2006) “Globalisation and Europeanization: A Two-Way Relationship” in D. Xenakis and M. Tsinisizelis (ed.), Global Europe: The International Dimensions of the EU, Athens: Sideris: 101-118 (in Greek).
- Ladi, S. (2004) “Environmental Policy Transfer in Germany and Greece” in M. Evans (ed), Policy Transfer in Global Perspective, Aldershot: Ashgate: 79-92.
- Ladi, S. (2000), “Globalization, Think-Tanks and Policy Transfer” in D. Stone (ed.), Banking on Knowledge: The Genesis of the GDN, London: Routledge: 203-220.
- Ladi, S. (2011), “Think-Tanks” in B. Badie, D. Birg-Schlosser and L. Morlino (eds.), International Encyclopedia of Political Science, London: Sage.
- Ladi, S. (2015), “Is it true that the Public Sector in Greece is unduly large?”, Crisis Observatory, Athens: Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (in Greek). http://crisisobs.gr/2015/04/stella-ladi-ine-alithia-oti-o-dimosios-tomeas-stin-ellada-ine-ipervolika-megalos/
- Ladi S. (2012), “The Eurozone Crisis and Austerity Politics: A Trigger for Administrative Reform in Greece?” GreeSE Paper No 57, Hellenic Observatory, LSE .
- Ladi, S. (2011), “Economic Crisis and Administrative Reform in Greece and Cyprus: Opportunities and Constraints”, Policy Paper 2, Nicosia: Cyprus Center for European and International Affairs, University of Nicosia (in Greek).
- Ladi. S. (2008), “Good Governance and Public Administration Reform in Black Sea Economic Cooperation (BSEC) Member-States”, Xenophon Paper No 6, Athens: ICBSS. 9
- Ladi, S. and Ruso-Dragoumis, E. (2007), Study on Institutional Renewal and Good Governance in BSEC Member-States. Athens: ICBSS.
- Ladi, S. (2006), “Globalization and Europeanization: Analysing Change” Working Paper at IBEI (1 ref.)
- Ladi, S. and Pop, D. (2005), Approaches to Measuring Capacity and Capacity-Building for Policy Research, Budapest: Center for Policy Studies, Central European University.
Current Doctoral Students:
- Joint supervision - Dimitra Panagiotatou
The role and contribution of policy networks in explaining member states’ deviation from EU regional policy: A comparative case study of Greece and the UK through the lens of ESF-funded employment and social inclusion Framework Projects (with Martin Laffin)
- 2nd Supervisor - Razvan Hoinaru, Accounting modelling in financial reporting management: laws against numbers. IFRS and GAAP standards (co-supervised with Colin Haslam).
- Interview with Alexey Bogdanovsky, RIA Novosti, Russia, 22nd September 2015
- Interview with Aashild Langved, The Norwegian Business Daily, 18th September 2015
- Interview on Radio France International, 23rd July 15
- Ubuntu Radio. Greek crisis radio interview, 21st July 2015
- Andalou Agency - Energy News. 'Greece-Russia relations strong for energy', 14th July 2015
- Sputnik News. Alexis Tsipras: Greek Colossus Battling EU Dwarves, 11th July 2015
- RIA. 'Greece went bankrupt, improvements will take months', 10th July 2015
- Radio France International. 'Can Greece reach an EU bailout deal?' 25th June 2015
- Arise TV News. 'Is Greece able to do a deal with its creditors?, 17th June 2015
- Estrategia. 'De No Obtener Apoyo de Syriza, Tsipras Tendr? que Llamar a un Refer?ndum o a Elecciones [PDF 210KB]', 5th June 2015
- Estrategia. 'El Pago de Grecia Ayer No Cambia Nada [PDF 997KB]', 10th March 2015
- BBC Radio 4 Today Programme. 'Is Varoufakis applying game theory in his negotiations with the Eurozone partners?', 17th February 2015
- Radio Sputnik. 'Greece and Troika need to find an immediate solution', 16th February 2015
- WORT 89.9FM. 'Whats happening in Greek Politics', 6th February 2015
- Al-Jazeera Newshour. 'Dr Ladi discusses upcoming Greek elections', 29th December 2014