Dr Alexander Leischnig
Reader in Marketing
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: +44 (0)20 7882 6997Room Number: Bancroft Building, Room 3.28E
Alexander Leischnig is a Reader in Marketing at the School of Business and Management. He is also Director of the Marketing Interactions & Consumer Behaviour (MICB) Research Group and Director of the Marketing MSc Programme. He joined Queen Mary University of London in September 2017. Previously, he had academic positions at University of Bamberg and Freiberg University of Technology in Germany. Alexander’s research interests are in the areas of alliance management, relationship management and business digitisation and cover topics of both business-to-business marketing and business-to-consumer marketing. Currently he is Visiting Professor at universities in Germany and Switzerland. Alexander is an Associate Editor for the Journal of Global Scholars of Marketing Science. In addition, he collaborates with business partners from different industries, such as manufacturing, online, retail, and service industries, on a number of marketing and management topics.
BUS226 Strategic Marketing
BUSM094 Introduction to Marketing Theory and Concepts
Recent journal articles:
- Leischnig, A., & Geigenmüller, A. (2018). Examining alliance management capabilities in university-industry collaboration. Journal of Technology Transfer, forthcoming.
- Leischnig, A., & Geigenmüller, A. (2018). When does alliance proactiveness matter to market performance?. Industrial Marketing Management, forthcoming.
- Ivens, B., Leischnig, A., Pardo, C., & Niersbach, B. (2018). Key account management as a firm capability. Industrial Marketing Management, forthcoming.
- Leischnig, A., Ivens, B., Niersbach, B., & Pardo, C. (2018). Mind the gap: A process model for diagnosing barriers to key account management implementation. Industrial Marketing Management, 70, 58-67.
- Leischnig, A., Kasper-Brauer, K., & Thornton, S. (2018). Spotlight on customization: An analysis of necessity and sufficiency in services. Journal of Business Research, 89, 385-390.
Recent book chapters:
- Geigenmüller, A., & Leischnig, A. (2017). A configurational perspective on alliance management capabilities. in: Das, T. K. (Ed.), Managing alliance portfolios and networks. Information Age Publishing, 71-90.
- Leischnig, A., Ivens, B., Wölfl, S., & Hein, D. (2017). Service digitization - Review of the literature and research agenda. in: Bruhn, M. & Hadwich, K. (Hrsg.), Dienstleistungen 4.0, Forum Dienstleistungsmanagement. Wiesbaden, 43-59.