Dr Zahra Sharifonnasabi
Lecturer in Marketing
Email: email@example.com Telephone: +44 (0)20 7882 6458Room Number: Francis Bancroft Building: 3.05AOffice Hours: Thursday 10am-12pm, or by appointment
Zahra Sharifonnasabi is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Marketing at Queen Mary University of London, School of Business and Management.
PhD in Management (Marketing) at Cass Business School, City, University of London, UK.
MSc in Marketing (2012) at Queen’s School of Business, Queen’s University, Canada.
MBA (2009) at Sharif University of Technology, Iran.
BSc in Industrial Engineering (2007) at Sharif University of Technology, Iran.
Introduction to Marketing Management (BUSM137)
- Globalization and consumer behavior
- Global brands
- Consumer empowerment
- Consumer behavior in social media and digital spaces
Zahra’s research falls into the field of consumer behaviour and she takes an interpretivist, qualitative approach in her studies. Her research tends to be multi-disciplinary in nature and she uses qualitative interviews, ethnography, observations, and projective techniques in her studies. Zahra’s research interests are in two areas:
1) The impact of globalization on different aspects of consumers’ lives. In her studies, Zahra particularly examines globalizations’ impact on three domains: consumption of global brands, consumer mobility (e.g., migration, nomadism, transnationalism), and consumer empowerment. Zahra is particularly interested in implications of globalization on everyday consumers’ lives including consumers’ relation with places and consumer markets, consumer identity, and consumption taste.
2) Consumption in digital and social media spaces. This research investigates the empowering (and disempowering) impact of social media and digital spaces on consumers’ everyday lives. This work unpacks the ways that digital platforms influence consumers’ access to other consumers and consumer markets and offer new ways that consumers form their identities and express control over their decisions.
- Sharifonnasabi, Zahra, Fleura Bardhi, and Marius Luedicke, “Consumer Mobility,”In Eric J. Arnould and Craig J. Thompson (Eds.), Consumer Culture Theory, Sage, 2018.
Conference Papers and Proceedings
- Sharifonnasabi, Zahra and Fleura Bardhi, “Transnational Consumption,” ACR North American Advances, 2017.
- Sharifonnasabi, Zahra, Fleura Bardhi, and Marius Luedicke, “Global Consumer Behavior: A Review of Interpretivist Studies,” Winter AMA, Florida, USA, February 2017.
- Sharifonnasabi, Zahra and Fleura Bardhi, “Social Media as Global Public Sphere”, Consumer Culture Theory Conference (CCTC), University of California, California, USA, July 2017.
- Sharifonnasabi, Zahra, Fleura Bardhi, and Marius Luedicke, “Globalization’s Impact on Consumer Empowerment, Identity and Brands: Inquiry into CCT Research,” 9th Workshop on Interpretive Consumer Research, Stockholm Business School, Sweden, 2017.
- Sharifonnasabi, Zahra, Fleura Bardhi, Marius K. Luedicke, “Globalization and Consumer Behavior: A Review of Qualitative Studies,” 41st Annual Macromarketing Conference, Dublin, Ireland, July 2016.
- Sharifonnasabi, Zahra, and Fleura Bardhi, “Transnational Consumers Lifestyle, Seminar on Consumption Theory,” Bilkent University, Ankara Turkey, June 2015.
- Sharifonnasabi, Zahra and Mehdi Sheikhzadeh, “Determining the Launch Time for New Products with Risk Considerations in a Competitive Market Situation, 40th Anniversary Conference of Academy of Marketing Science (AMS), May 2011.