You have made it and are now part of the SBM community. From now until the end of welcome week we will be communicating key pieces of information to help you join and start your student life at Queen Mary University of London.
The first thing being your PG Welcome Week Itinerary 2018 [PDF 1,128KB] here (*NB Maybe subject to change: MSc Development and International Business students your Programme Introduction talk location has changed to 105 Geography 1:30pm – 2:30pm. This has been updated in the itinerary link). Please read this important enrolment, induction and social events information for the week of Monday 17th September – Friday 21 September 2018. More information on this to follow. Therefore, please check this webpage on a daily and weekly basis for your Pre-Arrivals and Welcome Week updates.
In the meantime, please find below your welcome week timetable. Don't forget to join your dedicated Postgraduate Facebook Group and e-introduce yourself to your classmates with the hashtag #PGSBM18.
- Date for your Diary! - Get to know your classmates face-to-face over drinks and canapes on: Tuesday 18th September, 18.30 onwards at The Fable, 52 Holborn Viaduct, London EC1A 2FD. No need to book just show up. #TeamSBM are looking forward to giving you a #SBMWelcome
- Date for your Diary & location change! – It is Games Night on Friday 21 September 2018. *Change of Location - now to be held in 4.04/4.08 Francis Bancroft Building*. Sign up here
Welcome Week Filming *Important Notice*
As starting university is a milestone moment we at the School would like to capture it on a 60 second welcome week video film for years to come. If you do not want to take part in this promotional footage don’t worry. Just let our Alumnus Zahir (the man on ground) know. He will be the one with the camera.
Now that you are here do attend the sessions listed in your Welcome Week timetable.
Also, watch our ‘Transition to University’ video and read the information in the following links to make sure you cover all the key activities to starting your SBM academic career.
London has been ranked as the best student city in the world (QS Solutions, 2018). As a student at SBM you will have the opportunity to explore, play and engage with this bustling city. With its world renowned museums, art galleries and historical landmarks to food quarters, shopping districts, restaurants and bar and clubs to discover London’s music and social scene, London has something to offer to everyone. There is no better place to soak up the cultural, political and business centre of the UK.
"QMUL aprovides us with many valuable opportunities in London to study beyond the classroom."
Fangyuan Zheng, International Human Resource Management MSc 2017
While you are studying at SBM East London will be your home and there is lots to see and do in this vibrant part of town. Read our Guide to the East End [PDF 2,932KB] and familiarise yourself with what’s in store.
Why the School of Business and Management?
At SBM our unique approach promises you an inspiring educational experience. Our aim is develop responsible future leaders who can interpret and analyse problems and propose effective and innovative solutions. You will learn how businesses function and develop the practical skills needed to take you forward in your chosen career in a dynamic international and entrepreneurial community.
- Located close to the financial-centres: the City of London and Canary Wharf
- Teaching and research based on the three pillars of governance, social justice and sustainability; and the implementation of the UN Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME). SBM hosted the 5th UN PRME UK and Ireland Conference in June 2018.
- Dedicated Employment and Internships Coordinator for work experience opportunities and applications
- Alumni network that can connect you to fellow Queen Mary graduates world-wide.
"Queen Mary has its own campus located in east London, which is relatively tranquil compared to the centre. Also, living in London, I can, meet and share ideas with lots of interesting and passionate people from diverse backgrounds, which is undoubtedly a huge asset in my life"
Tsai I-Wen, Marketing MSc 2017