BUSM107 Financial Analysis and Management Accounting
This module is concerned with how accounting numbers are reported and disclosed at operational, divisional and organizational levels to control resource allocations and generate performance evaluation, credit ratings and monitor shareholder value. It is a module which is concerned with how accounting information is deployed to control and manage corporate organizations towards generating income for liquidity and capitalizations for solvency where both are essential and maintain a reporting entity as a going concern.
40% coursework and 60% examination
Indicative reading list
- Gowthorpe, C. (2011) Business Accounting and Finance (3rd Ed). London, Cengage Learning.
- Collier, P. (2012) Accounting For Managers: Interpreting Accounting Information for Decision-Making (4th Ed). London, Wiley.
- Glautier, M., Underdown, B., and Morris, D. (2011). Accounting Theory and Practice (8th E). London , Pearson.
- McLaney, E. and Atrill, P. (2012) Accounting: An Introduction. London, Pearson.
- Perks, R. and Leiwy, D. (2010) Accounting: Understanding and Practice (3rd Ed). Maidenhead, UK, McGraw-Hill Education.