Dr Nima Heirati
Welcome to one of the most evolving topics in the marketing literature. The development of the Internet and digital technologies have transformed marketing and has impacted every industry from retail to health. Now more than ever, companies and managers face the challenge of developing and maintaining their business operations and customer engagement in a constantly evolving digital space. The key question is not whether to pursue digital and e-marketing strategies but how to successfully deploy them. What are the techniques that companies need to master to make effective use of digital marketing? This module aims to provide students with a comprehensive guide to the concepts, strategies, and best practice to support all the digital marketing processes.
This module is a compulsory module for the BSc Marketing programme. It will complement the programme and will provide students with an understanding of the digital and e-Marketing strategies and practices. This module will add both theoretical and practical value to students and will empower them with skills and knowledge needed to work as the digital marketing professional after graduation.
Having successfully completed this module, students will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental principles of e-marketing and the underlying theoretical concepts
- Critically assess e-marketing strategies for their ability to build and maintain effective, mutually-rewarding, long-term relationships with stakeholders of the marketing system
- Understand the essentials of interactive communication design
- Effectively communicate and defend their choice of particular e-marketing strategies and concepts for particular scenarios
- Argue persuasively (in writing and in speech) for the theoretical and practical strengths and weaknesses of the core e-marketing approaches
- Empower students with skills and knowledge needed to work as the digital marketing professional after graduation
The lecture notes, slides, important announcements, and other information will be available on the QMplus. Students are also strongly encouraged to use QMplus to communicate with each other (e.g., through discussion forums).
- Chaffey, D. and Ellis-Chadwick, F. (2016), Digital Marketing: Strategy, Implementation, and Practice (6th edition), Pearson, ISBN 978-1-292-07761-1.
- Dodson, I. (2016), Digital Marketing, Wiley, ISBN 978-1-119-26570-2.
- Chaffey, D. and Smith, P. R. (2017), Digital Marketing Excellence: Planning, Optimizing and Integrating Online Marketing (5th edition), Routledge, ISBN 978-1138191709.
40% Group Project Assignment – 60% Exam